Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Summer of Bunn

Greetings to all of my fans who have been eagerly awaiting the next installment in my blog! Life has been very busy since I last wrote. Most notably, I turned 4 in May! Not only is turning 4 a very big occasion in and of itself, but my birthday also marks the day that papas starts drinking my namesake, Oberon beer! He drinks it all the way through the summer until his birthday in October. Very nice. This year we celebrated my birthday by having my Aunt Jamie and Uncle Ben and my little friend Avery over for some fun. They brought me a very nice indestructible purple octopus! I do enjoy being 4 although it is very similar to being three.

Soon after my birthday we headed to my favorite place in the whole entire world: the Beach!!! Grammie and Popops have a special sign at their place that says so. I spent as much time as I could bounding through the waves to retrieve the bright orange and unsinkable Chuck-it ball. It is far superior to regular tennis balls, many of which are sitting at the bottom of Lake Michigan. I grew very adept at sighting the ball, anticipating how the wave would move it, and how to look all around me in case it had washed to shore. Mamas and papas were impressed with my retrieval skills, and I had very much fun! Oh, and my friend Jack was Up North too, but we didn't really get to play together - we just sniffed butts to say hello.

My very nice little cousins were Up North as well. Although I don't like how they climb all over me, they are still welcome because they leave crumbs and feed me from the table. I get lots of people food while I'm Up North because I need my strength for all of the running and swimming and frolicking on the beach of course! We also celebrated Grammie and Popops 40th Anniversary while we were up there even though their actual anniverary isn't until August 31. Mamas and papas made a very nice DVD that we all enjoyed watching very much. They tried very hard to find a projector so that we could watch it outside on the dock, but watching it inside worked out well, too.

Speaking of the dock, although it is very nice to be on the river (some of the boaters know me and call me by name!) it is also very hot in the afternoon on the dock. While my people enjoy the sun, despite my name, I most certainly do not! Therefore, mamas and papas created a "pup tent" for me on the dock. They draped my towel (with my name stitched on the center edge of it of course) across two chairs to create shade and then they spread out one of their towels underneath so that I would have a nice spot to lay. They even angled the chairs so that the breeze would pass through my shady spot. It was very nice, and I enjoyed a very relaxing day napping in my shady, breezy pup tent!

Now we are home and as much as I enjoy the air conditioning, I do miss the beach. We took a long walk yesterday and my paws are very tender today. Also the antibiotics are working on my itchies and scratchies, so that is very good.

I have just finished rigorously slobbering my soccer ball (kind of like my basketball although not as big but more intact) and now I am resting in my chair. Normally I would have spent much of the day today in the bathroom sleeping against the cool tile, but mamas spent the entire afternoon in there scrubbing the grout until it was white. Furthermore I was very tired from my early morning wake up (5:00) to see mamas out the door as she went off to meet Auntie Andrea flying in from California. Normally Auntie Andrea comes back here and I snuggle with her, but today she had a wedding to go to. I tried to catch up on my sleep anyway, but papas was making a lot of noise finishing the pantry cabinet doors. They do look very nice. I wish mamas had shared the most delicious Jet's Ranch dressing with me when I indicated that I was begging for it. Oh well.

Maybe I will get one more roll in the grass before the day is done. I do enjoy smelling of dirt.

It's a Bunn's Life, for sure. Wait! I think that I smell Salmon for dinner! Is it too early to start begging for it?

No comments: