Sunday, February 3, 2008

Quick Facts

NAME: Oberon

My real name is Oberon, although when I was tiny, my Mamas nicknamed me "Mr. Bunn." My Papas came up with my name when he was drinking his favorite Bell's beer and realized that its wheaty golden color made it a perfect name for a Golden Retriever! You may be wondering why I add an "S" to some of my titles. Well, I do enjoy Lord of the Rings and have taken to talking like a hobbitt sometimes.

NICKNAMES:

Mr. Bunns, Bunny, M. Sampson Bunn, Bunners, Bunnicula (around Halloween), Jingle Bunn (around Christmas), Cinnabunn (around breakfast), Bunmose I (when I am particularly regal), Oberonous Puppalupagus (my Greek name for when I am eating lamb and rice kibble) Snugglebunn (for when I am very snuggly), Snuggabunch (after my Aunt Julie's real bunny Huggabunch), and of course as my cousin K.C. calls me - Oberon Billygoat Houdini Sampson (because I often as a puppy climbed on things like the open door of a dishwasher or escaped from my baby-gated area)

HOBBIES:

Snuggling, Slobbering my stuffed animals, Sleeping on the couch, Stalking creatures and plastic bags in my backyard

FAVORITE PLACES:

3 out the 4 corners of the couches, my chair in the bay window from where I keep tabs on the world, the beach, of course, the field when I romp with my friends Rex and Riley, and Colorado where I have my own pack

DUTIES:

Get at least 20 out of 24 hours of sleep a day so that I can faithfully perform my other duties which include, but are not limited to, greeting my mamas and papas enthusiastically at the door (although sometimes I am rather groggy due to duty #1), making sure that all of my stuffed animals receive an equal amount of slobber so that they become uniformly crusty to the touch, thumping my tail soundly against the wall if my mams does not get up after her third sleeper alarm, snorting, sneezing in mamas and papas faces in the morning to be sure that they wake up, keeping them warm at night by snuggling across half of the bed, provide plenty of opportunities to scratch me, (however, please note that I do not like to be pet on the head like a d-o-g. I prefer scratching behind the ears or on my tummy, or stroking my regal mane or my stately paws). As you can see, I am very busy.

CURRENT LIST OF STUFFED ANIMALS:

Red Rooster, Old Rooster, MooseLamb, Mallard, Ducky (my favorite - I picked him out of the bin at the pet store for my third birthday), Basketball, My Cycloptic Leopard and Froggy, Roary - my little lion that I slobber during Lion's games, of course - Mr. Monkey sans tail, Mr. Moo, Rock Lobster, Penguin, Squeaky Snowman, Giraffe, and my newest toy - the Ram called Ba Ram Nu.

FAVORITE FOODS:

CHEESE! Especially gourmet cheese like Gruyere, Manchego, Raclette, and Feta. I will settle for regular cheddar, although I do find it rather bourgeouis- hardly drool-inducing like the others. SALMON! I will whine at the counter until I am given some. PRETTY MUCH ANY PEOPLE FOOD to supplement my gourmet kibble.

WISHES:

That I could eat whatever my mamas and papas are eating, and that my day would include lunch, just like theirs. That the beach were in my backyard. That Mamas and Papas would get a king-sized bed since my half of the queen-sized bed is cramped. That I had friends to play with at my leisure, not all of the time, just when I felt like it. That it would never get above 65 degrees outside. (55 year round would be perfect unless I am running.)

FAVORITE SAYINGS:

Very Nice. Of Course. Oh Good.

No comments: